Whether you're in the mood for a wee snack or big proper feed, you need to look no further than this selection of Irish comfort food recipes.
Hearty and healthy, these Irish comfort foods are sure to warm your belly and brighten your day.
Here are some of the IrishCentral team's favorite Irish comfort food recipes - everything from starters, to mains, all the way to dessert!
What's your favorite Irish comfort food recipe? Be sure to share!
Perfect as a snack or an appetizer, whet your whistle with these Irish starter recipes:
- Smoked salmon and crab roulade
- Guinness French onion soup recipe
- Corned beef and cabbage spring roll
- Irish potato and cheese soup recipe
Got company? These Irish mains are the perfect way to keep your crew well-fed.
- Corned beef and cabbage with parsley sauce recipe
- Irish Guinness beef stew recipe
- Shepherd's Pie recipe
The perfect complement to any meal.
- Irish-style cabbage
- Traditional colcannon recipe
- Irish stovetop potatoes with Kerrygold cheese and butter
- Gratin with wild garlic and Irish cheese
What's comfort food without a sweet Irish treat?!
- Guinness and Jameson ice cream float recipe
- Celtic apple crumble with Irish whiskey cream sauce recipe
- Baileys chocolate cheesecake pots recipe
- Irish salted-caramel and whiskey cake recipe
Tasty tipples to wash down your comfort food.
- Irish whiskey hot toddy
- Baileys Irish Cream and Irish whiskey cocktail
- Guinness’ classic black velvet cocktail
* Originally published in March 2020, last updated in June 2021.