The prevailing sense that Irish America was dying off has been proven wrong while a powerful undercurrent is pulling people back into their Irish roots.
Were Churchill, Mandela, Reagan too old to serve? Gorgeous new Irish language short film shot in ‘Little Ireland’ debuts in New York How Michael Collins helped save Winston Churchill’s career
Dermot McEvoy recalls living in New York City on September 11, 2001, and his reaction to a poster of a missing woman with an Irish name in the aftermath.
- 1 Next week Queen's University Belfast hosts events on Northern Ireland in USA
- 2 WATCH: Learn some basic Irish with these useful words and phrases
- 3 Singing of "Zombie" after Ireland's win over South Africa sparks fierce debate
- 4 This Irish name is the most mispronounced in the world
- 5 Gymnastics Ireland apologizes to young girl after "racist" incident goes viral
- 6 Ireland's weather - myth v reality and what to pack
- 7 Man charged after hit-and-run; Tyrone child's funeral arrangements announced
- 8 Death of Irish America is greatly exaggerated, new Census figures prove
- 9 Unreleased Sinéad O’Connor song to feature in Magdalene Laundries drama tonight