Dr. Kevin Cahill recounts in his book how Archbishop of New York Terence Cardinal Cooke wielded his influence to support an AIDS symposium.
How Boss Tweed invented Tammany Hall and taught the Irish how to change America Death of Irish America is greatly exaggerated, new Census figures prove Were Churchill, Mandela, Reagan too old to serve?
As Irish man Ron Clifford bravely assisted a severely injured woman at the World Trade Center on September 11, his sister Ruth and niece Juliana, aboard United Flight 175, were tragically killed.
- 1 Last chance to begin your Irish language journey with "Scoil Scairte" this week
- 2 Irish birth, marriage, and death certificates now available online for free
- 3 AIDS Awareness Month - The Irish American who became an unlikely hero of the AIDS epidemic
- 4 Fill your heart with Ireland at these brilliant and fun October festivals
- 5 Check out IrishCentral's NEW Culture Newsletter - and sign up for free
- 6 Trial of man accused of Ashling Murphy murder delayed again
- 7 Irish government to "dispose" of former Ambassador's residence in Washington, DC
- 8 Last chance to begin your Irish language journey with "Scoil Scairte" this week
- 9 Headstone of Irishman unveiled at New York's Washington Square Park