An excerpt from 'Lincoln and the Irish: The Untold Story' tells the amazing story of Co Louth native Albert Cashier, born Jennie Hodgers, and his call to duty in the US Civil War.
The most important Irish American moments in history “Come From Away” - An Irish family stranded in remote Canada after 9/11 On This Day: Ellis Island, American gateway to 3.5 million Irish immigrants, closed in 1954
Some of the lessons of the Irish peace process could be helpful amidst the ongoing conflict in Israel and Palestine.
- 1 Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance is touring the USA, book your tickets now
- 2 Traditional Irish Christmas cake recipe the whole family will enjoy
- 3 Myth busting the viral 'Irish castle island'
- 4 Traditional Irish plum pudding recipe for Christmas
- 5 On This Day: James Hoban, the Kilkenny architect who designed the White House, died in 1831
- 6 Albert Cashier: the Irish transgender hero of the American Civil War
- 7 Send the gift of magic this Christmas from IrishCentral's Shop
- 8 Recalling John Lennon’s Irish connection on the anniversary of his death
- 9 Remembering a 1961 childhood Christmas in Ireland