One Irish American won our poll in a landslide
Last week, we asked our readers to vote on who they consider to be the top Irish American for 2018.
However, one Irish American won our users poll in a landslide.
30% of IrishCentral readers voted recently inducted Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh as their top Irish American for 2018.
It’s perhaps not surprising that IrishCentral readers supported Kavanaugh in the poll - at the time of his confirmation hearings, two-thirds of those polled said Kavanaugh should get confirmed.
Over the summer, Kavanaugh was put through the wringer during confirmation hearings in the Senate after he was nominated by President Donald J Trump for the esteemed position of Supreme Court Justice.
Kavanaugh’s character was put on the line as some past indiscretions came to light. However, the Irish American succeeded, and was officially sworn into the bench on October 6.
Check out some of 2018 coverage of Brett Kavanaugh here:
- Read More: Why Brett Kavanaugh should get confirmed
- Read More: Why I personally know Brett Kavanaugh will make a great Supreme Court judge
- Read More: Is Brett Kavanaugh one of the “right-wing Irish bullies?"
- Read More: Judge Brett Kavanaugh played Gaelic football in the fateful summer of 1982
- Read More: Kavanaugh will judge you, but won't be judged himself
- Read More: Brett Kavanaugh was pretty nasty to women in high school his Yearbook proves
The runner-up to Brett Kavanaugh in our readers’ poll was Beto O’Rourke with 19% of the vote.
Check out the full results here:
Which Irish American do you think will come out on top for 2019? Let us know in the comments!