John McCormack, the famous Irish tenor from Athlone in Co Westmeath, died on this day, September 16, in 1945.
WATCH: Niall Horan leads heartfelt tribute to Sinéad O'Connor with thousands of fans Westmeath Bachelor of the Year 2023 announced Leo Varadkar officially opens Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2023
The festival of Lughnasadh marks the beginning of the harvest season.
- 1 WIN: Flights to West of Ireland with Home to Mayo and free car rental from My Irish Cousin
- 2 Traditional Irish hearty vegetable soup recipe
- 3 Teenager charged with murder of woman in County Offaly
- 4 Fill your heart with Ireland at these brilliant and fun October festivals
- 5 Check out IrishCentral's NEW Culture Newsletter - and sign up for free
- 6 Trial of man accused of Ashling Murphy murder delayed again
- 7 It's International Coffee Day! Here are the top ten coffee spots in Ireland
- 8 Headstone of Irishman unveiled at New York's Washington Square Park
- 9 "Special day" as more than 3,000 people become Irish citizens in Dublin ceremonies