Pope Francis is in Ireland and while many of you may not be able to be present, IrishCentral will be in Phoenix Park to bring you the highlights.
After months of speculation, of preparation, of criticism and of hype, whether you’re happy about it or not, Pope Francis is on Saturday arriving in Ireland and kicking off a whirlwind itinerary which will see him attend events in Knock, Co Mayo; Croke Park; and say Mass in Phoenix Park.
With around 750,000 expected to attend one of the three events, thousands of others are also set to attend a rally against his visit in Parnell Square. The protest will feature performances from the likes of Hozier and Mary Black.
Attending the Papal Mass, IrishCentral will be present in Phoenix Park on Sunday along with some half a million others hoping to catch a glimpse of the Pope. Be sure to follow us on our Twitter page, on Facebook or sign up for our newsletter to get all the updates on the visit throughout the weekend into Monday.
You can also watch the whole visit live for free no matter where you live in the world. All the information can be found here.
Can't wait to get started? Catch up with our coverage of the visit so far:
- What do young Irish people think of Pope Francis' visit?
- Irish leader will tell Pope Francis that church must admit its sins
- Hozier to perform at Stand For Truth papal protest rally in Dublin
- Is Dublin’s free transit for papal mass ticket-holders discriminatory?
- Why Pope Francis should speak to Irish Catholic Church abuse survivors
- No to Pope Francis - I am a devout Irish Catholic but refuse to see him in Ireland
Are you attending one of the Pope events in Ireland? Are you attending the protest? Let us know in the comments section, below.