After 36 years, this week saw the last publication of the Irish Voice. Founder Niall O'Dowd looks back on an incredible 36 years in print.
The Irish Voice newspaper, sister publication to IrishCentral, ceased printing in July 2023 after 36 years. Look back on stories from the weekly, New York-based newspaper here.
“Ag Críost an Síol” - a St. Patrick’s Day song to remember On This Day: 33 Fenian prisoners including the “Cuba Five” were released by the British in 1871 The heroic bishop who gave his life while tending to Irish Famine victims in Canada
- 1 Ireland's first and oldest sweater store unveils new collection for St Patrick's Day
- 2 Ireland's fairy forts and their power over the Irish
- 3 Fostering children was huge in ancient Ireland 2,500 years ago
- 4 The Big Lebowski with an Irish twist! A Baileys White Russian recipe
- 5 This Wicklow thatched cottage is the perfect rural retreat
- 6 GAA unveils plans to include Gaelic games in the Olympics
- 7 New TG4 documentary examines attempts to recover body of Irish soldier killed in Ukraine
- 8 Jarlath Burns to become GAA President on Saturday
- 9 Kneecap sport pro-Palestinian badges on Late Late Show despite promising not to