After 36 years, this week saw the last publication of the Irish Voice. Founder Niall O'Dowd looks back on an incredible 36 years in print.
The Irish Voice newspaper, sister publication to IrishCentral, ceased printing in July 2023 after 36 years. Look back on stories from the weekly, New York-based newspaper here.
“Ag Críost an Síol” - a St. Patrick’s Day song to remember On This Day: 33 Fenian prisoners including the “Cuba Five” were released by the British in 1871 The heroic bishop who gave his life while tending to Irish Famine victims in Canada
- 1 Irish injury lawyer in New York answers the most common questions he's asked
- 2 The most fabulous celebrity weddings in Ireland
- 3 WATCH: Irish dancing dog learns more new tricks for St. Patrick's Day!
- 4 Fascinating pensions records pre-Easter Rising and beyond reveals a wealth of Irish history
- 5 The best St. Patrick's Day gift ideas
- 6 Irish words and slang to learn before you visit Ireland
- 7 Happy President's Day! A look at the US presidents with Irish roots
- 8 Cillian Murphy becomes first Irish-born actor to win BAFTA for Best Actor
- 9 Tis the season! Shamrock Shakes are back at McDonald’s ahead of St. Patrick’s Day