Have you ever stayed at this stunning Co Clare locale?
An Irish castle in Co Clare has been named as Good Hotel Guide’s favorite Irish hotel for 2019.
Gregans Castle Hotel in Co Clare claimed the Cesar award for Irish hotel of the year from Good Hotel Guide and was the only Irish hotel to claim a top spot amongst contenders from Ireland and the UK.
Described as the Oscars of hotel keeping, the Cesar awards are compiled annually by the independent Good Hotel Guide. The namesake of the award is Cesar Ritz, the most celebrated of hoteliers.
Situated in Ballyvaughan, Co Clare, Gregans Castle is described by Good Hotel Guide as “the epitome of understated country-house hotel luxury.”
As if the views aren’t enough, the staff at Gregans Castle are said to be “unfailingly friendly and helpful,” and the dining is “first-rate, imaginative without being pretentious.”
Pack your bags - here are the other winners of the 2019 Guide Hotel Guide Cesar awards:
- Newcomer of the year: Pentonbridge Inn, Penton, Cumbria
- Luxury hotel of the year: Kinloch Lodge, Sleat, Isle of Skye
- Seaside hotel of the year: The Nare, Veryan-in-Roseland, Cornwall
- Country hotel of the year: Tudor Farmhouse, Clearwell, Gloucestershire
- B&B of the year: Stoberry House, Wells, Somerset
- Romantic hotel of the year: The Salutation, Sandwich, Kent
- Inn of the year: The Star Inn, Harome, North Yorkshire
- Irish hotel of the year: Gregans Castle Hotel, Ballyvaughan, Ireland
- Scottish hotel of the year: Knockendarroch Hotel, Pitlochry, Scotland
- Welsh restaurant-with-rooms of the year: Restaurant James Sommerin, Penarth, Wales
What’s your favorite Irish hotel? Share in the comments!