The best beach in Ireland 2019 is Inchydoney Beach, Clonakilty, Co Cork
The west coast of Ireland has come out on top as Tripadvisor names the best beaches in Ireland for 2019.
Listed according to the number of good reviews and comments received on the site over the past twelve months, the top ten beaches include nine on the west coast and six in Co Kerry.
Only one east coast beach, Portmarnock in Co Dublin, made the final list of Ireland’s best beaches.
“These awards recognize the best beaches in Ireland and worldwide, according to the travelers that have visited and given them the highest levels of praise,” commented Hayley Coleman, TripAdvisor spokesperson.
Throughout Europe, Spain's La Concha Beach in San Sebastian was voted top, while Baia do Sancho in Brazil’s Fernando de Noronha was named the No.1 beach in the world.
Read more: Top ten rugged Irish beaches (PHOTOS)
Top ten beaches in Ireland 2019:
1. Inchydoney Beach, Clonakilty, Co Cork
2. Banna Strand, Tralee, Co Kerry
4. Strandhill Beach, Strandhill, Co Sligo
5. Derrynane Beach, Caherdaniel, Co Kerry
6. Coumeenoole Beach, Dingle, Co Kerry
7. Lahinch Beach, Lahinch, Co Clare
8. Rossbeigh Beach, Glenbeigh, Co Kerry
9. Ladies Beach, Ballybunion, Co Kerry
10.Portmarnock Beach, Portmarnock, Co Dublin
Have you visited any of the best beaches in Ireland? Share your memories of them in the comments section, below.