Will Rory McIlroy take the Masters as he joins the final pairing today with Patrick Reed on the last day of the prestigious golf competition?
Saturday was a magical day for golf lovers as Rory McIlroy and Patrick Reed dueled in the sun and rain at Augusta National to produce one of the most exciting days of golf at the venerable Masters.
They will play as the final pairing today and, barring a remarkable surge from someone else, one will be crowned Masters champion.
Here are some random facts about Rory.
1. His net worth is estimated at $250 million.He is the highest-earning golfer in the world with his endorsements including a $100 million ten-year deal with Nike.
2. His new caddy is Harry Diamond his BFF from the same hometown in County Down and a 2-handicap golfer who has won many amateur tournaments. He was best man at Rory’s wedding.
3. Dad introduced Rory to the game when he was two years old. According to McIlroy, he showed promise from an early age: “Dad tells me that I could drive the ball 40 yards when I was only 2 years old.”
4. McIlroy turned pro at age 17 in September 2007, after he topped World Amateur Golf Ranking for one week.
5. He won his first pro tournament in February 2009: the Dubai Desert Classic.
6. McIlroy refers to himself as “Rors.”
7. In June 2011, he won the US Open at Congressional for his first major title.
8. He will join Gene Sarazen, Ben Hogan, Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus, and Tiger Woods if he wins The Masters, meaning he becomes a member of the exclusive Career Grand Slam club
9. If McIlroy wins the Masters, he will doubtless return to the top spot as No. 1 in the world.
10. Rumors he dated Meghan Markle before Prince Harry have been hotly denied.
Who do you think will win today? Let us know in the comments section below.