Everything you need to know about the Irish surname Quinn
Irish derivation: Ó Cuinn.
Name meaning: "Descendant of Conn (chief)."
Coat of arms motto: "I wish to see wisdom from above."
- Families of O'Quinn settled in France and became leading citizens both in Bordeaux and Pau. There is a street called Rue O'Quinn in Bordeaux, indicating the importance of the family, which is still extant in that part of France.
- Aidan Quinn (1959-, Irish American actor)
- Anthony Quinn, (1915–2001, Mexican-American actor)
- Colin Quinn (1959-, American actor and comedian)
- Jonny Quinn (1972-, drummer for Snow Patrol)
- Sean Quinn (1947-, former richest man in Ireland)
- Niall Quinn (1966-, Irish footballer)
- Walter Quin (1575-1634, the Dublin born poet who was tutor and lifelong associate of Charles I)
- James Quin (1693-1766, famous actor of Irish descent who was greatly admired as the best actor of his time on the London stage)
Do you know any Quinns? Let us know in the comments!