Everything you need to know about the Irish surname Curran - its meaning, origins, interesting facts and famous people with the last name Curran.
Irish derivation: Ó Corrin or Ó Cooraidhin
Name meaning: corradh, meaning spear
- The name Curran originates from the pre 10th century Olde Gaelic name O'Corraidhin.
Some famous Currans:
- Mairead Curran (1968-, Austrailian actress, voice-over artist)
- Matthew 'Nutty' Curran (1882-1938, Irish professional heavyweight boxer)
- Tony Curran (1969-, Scottish actor)
- Charles Courtney Curran (1861-1941, American Painter)