It was yet another action-packed Sunday as four matches were played out around the country.

Cork 2-19 Limerick 0-12

The match finished Cork 2-19 Limerick 0-12 after substitute Paudie O'Sullivan's late goal put the seal on a comfortable Munster SHC semi-final win for Cork,

Sean Herlihy's first half dismissal for striking was a serious setback for the Limerick side with Cork ahead 1-10 to 0-06 by half-time. Cork skipper Murphy struck the final point to make the winning margin 13 points.

Limerick GAA chairman Liam Lenihan has hit out at the Limerick hurling fans who stayed away from yesterday's Munster championship semi-final in Cork.

Just 13,638 turned up in Pairc Ui Chaoimh for the provincial semi-final compared to almost 31,500 who witnessed the last encounter between the Munster rivals in 2004.

The Chairman expressed his “extreme disappointment” that so few Limerick fans made the trip down to Cork for the match and also hoped that there would be a better turnout at future games.

 Kilkenny 4-19 Dublin 0-12

Dublin were convincingly pulled part by an astute Kilkenny team who had little difficulty in exploiting the many flaws in the Dubs’ defence. Anthony Daly now faces a massive challenge to get the team back into forward gear for the qualifiers.

The Liffey-siders were already  nine points adrift around the hour-mark, but Johnny McCaffrey’s ‘65’ was their last score and Kilkenny blitzed them for an unanswered 2-4 from the 62nd minute.

Dublins’ forwards struggled to come up with any chances and Kilkenny continued to un-apologetically put them away.

 Roscommon 1-13 Leitrim 0-11

Roscommon came out strong in the second half at Dr Hyde Park as they qualified for their first Connacht Senior Football Championship final since 2004.

Donie Shine's 39th-minute goal put the Rossies four points clear and Leitrim could not muster a comeback in heat-wave conditions.

Hit by injuries, emigration and retirements, Leitrim boss Mickey Moran selected a team that showed seven changes to the side that lost 2-13 to 2-09 to Roscommon in last year's Championship, but it wasn’t enough as Roscommon easily snatched a 39th minute goal courtesy of Donie Shine.

Offaly 3-15 Galway 2-18

The biggest surprise of the weekend was Offaly’s salvaging of a late draw with Galway.

Offaly were early reduced to 14 men when Daniel Currams charged on Galway midfielder David Burke.

The Tribesmen led by 0-5 to 0-1 and were destroying Offaly in just about every line of the field, but a nine-minute patch, in which Dooley's men scored 2-3, tilted the game on its axis.

Offaly - the Faithful County - were  3-7 to 0-11 up at half-time.

Galway’s Niall Healy scored with his first touch and Farragher pitched in with a point from play threatening to turn the game against the Offaly men.

The teams remained level with just six minutes remaining on the clock, thanks to a heroic score from Offaly’s Shane Dooley which clinched the draw.

The sides will meet again next Saturday at 7pm in Portlaoise to see who will face Kilkenny in the Leinster Final.


Offaly V Galway