Lynch: Everything you need to know about the Irish surname
Irish derivation: Ó Loingsigh.
Name meaning: "Descendant of a mariner."
Coat of arms motto: "Always faithful."
Interesting Facts about the surname Lynch:
Lynching, also known as Lynch law; named after Charles Lynch (jurist); a form of extralegal judgment and punishment, usually by killing.
- Benito Lynch (1885 -1951, Argentinian writer of Irish descent)
- Eliza Lynch (1835 -1886, mistress of Francisco Solano López, 19th century President of Paraguay)
- David Lynch (1946 -, American film director)
- Jack Lynch (1917–1999, sports star and fourth Taoiseach of the Republic of Ireland),
- Liam Lynch (1970 -, musician, puppeteer, and director)
- Patrick Lynch (1715 - ?, an Irish immigrant to Argentina and ancestor of Che Guevara)
- Jane Lynch (1960-, Irish American actress)
- Evanna Lynch (1991-, Irish actress)
Are you a Lynch? Let us know in the comments!