Everything you need to know about the Irish surname Harrington
Irish derivation: O Hiongardail or O Hurdail.
Name meaning: "Descendant of Arrachtán."
Coat of arms motto: "Nodo firmo" a tight knot
Interesting facts about the name Harrington:
Typically when the name is spelled as "Herrington" it is presumed to be a name of non-Irish origin.
Some famous Harringtons:
- Leland Kitteridge "Hago" Harrington (1903-1959, former Hockey Player)
- Betty Jean Maycock Harrington (1942-, former US Olympic Gymnast)
- Wilfrid Harrington (1927-, Irish Dominican Priest)
- Richard Harrington (1975-, Welsh Actor)
- John Harrington (c. late 1930s, former CEO of the Boston Red Sox)
- Padraig Harrington (1971-, professional Irish golfer)
Do you know any Harringtons? Let us know in the comments!