Irish women do a lot better, however, according to beautifulpeople.com, which places them in the top ten.
The website has members vote on new applicants. Irish men who submitted their names were only chosen 9 percent of the time which left them in joint last place with Poland and British.
On its Los Angeles-based website, beautifulpeople.com, which is now 11 years old and claims 5 million members, it states that if accepted, membership allows the person to:
- Connect with beautiful men and women in your local area and from around the world
- Chat live with other beautiful men and women
- Make an intimate connection
- Meet REAL beautiful people who actually look in real life as they do online
- Attend exclusive parties and events
- Be ‘discovered
- ’Be part of the largest most exclusively beautiful community in the world
- Browse beautiful profiles of men and women without sifting through all the riff raff
Thousands apply according to the site but few are chosen. Irish men were accepted at a twelve percent rate last year but Irish women stayed steady at 23 percent acceptance.
Norwegian women finished first with 71 percent acceptance followed by Sweden at 62 percent and Iceland at 61 percent.
Men from Sweden were voted tops at 60 percent with Brazil at 41 percent and Denmark at 40 percent.
*Originally published April 2014.