Dermot McEvoy was born in Dublin in 1950. For 25 years he was an editor/writer for Publishers Weekly magazine.
He is the author of five books including the novels "The 13th Apostle: A Novel of Michael Collins and the Irish Uprising," "Terrible Angel: A Novel of Michael Collins in New York," "Our Lady of Greenwich Village," and two nonfiction works: "Irish Miscellany" and "The Little Book of Irish Wisdom."
He lives in Jersey City, NJ.
- 1 WIN: Flights to West of Ireland with Home to Mayo and free car rental from My Irish Cousin
- 2 Irish maids in New York were subject to a racist slur in the 19th century
- 3 Traditional Irish hearty vegetable soup recipe
- 4 Teenager charged with murder of woman in County Offaly
- 5 Fill your heart with Ireland at these brilliant and fun October festivals
- 6 Check out IrishCentral's NEW Culture Newsletter - and sign up for free
- 7 Trial of man accused of Ashling Murphy murder delayed again
- 8 It's International Coffee Day! Here are the top ten coffee spots in Ireland
- 9 Headstone of Irishman unveiled at New York's Washington Square Park