This past Saturday Lansdowne utilized an expansive 15 man attack in beating a physical Danbury side by 49-7.  The victory brought the Irishmen to 5-0 on the season.  In minute nine, Marcus McAlinden intercepted a pass which led to a ruck.  The recycle ball passed through the capable hands of Austin Purcell and Ciaran McHenry before ending up with the torrid Blake Mannion, who scored yet another try.  Sennin Flanagan's conversion made it 7-0.  Three minutes later, Joe Giordano deftly chipped the ball downfield past the Danbury defense.  He retrieved his own kick and scored a Sennin Flanagan converted try which gave the Irishmen a 14 point advantage.

In the 15th minute, Danbury were close and looked to run into goal.  But a Joe Giordano-lead defense stifled the attack, and Marcus McAlinden kicked to safety.  Minute 24 saw  Lansdowne going forward and closing in.  Man of the Match Captain Mark Giordano grabbed the ball out of a ruck and in one motion, twisted his body 180° and slammed down.  Just five minutes later a lovely chip ahead by Marcus McAlinden gave Lansdowne  possession at Danbury's 5 meter line. Blake Mannion grabbed the oval in a maul and touched down for his second try of the day.  Sennin Flanagan closed the 1st half numbers at 31-0 as he converted a penalty  in minute 39.

Minute 50 had Lansdowne go up by 34-0 as Sennin Flanagan converted his 2nd penalty of the day.  Four minutes later Danbury broke the ice and scored a converted try from 30 meters out due to some lovely running by their outside center.  In the 62nd minute, Mark Giordano grabbed the ball out of a ruck.  He offloaded to Blake Mannion, who flew downfield along the touchline and scored his third try of the day.  Mannion's hat-trick had Lansdowne up by 39-7.  In minute 75, a massive push in a scrum by the Lansdowne pack insured possession for the homeside.  Mark Giordano grabbed the ball and scampered 20 meters into goal to complete his brace.  Lansdowne finished the numbers in injury time.  Mark Giordano took the ball out of a ruck and offloaded to his brother John, who touched down from 12 meters out.

Danbury won the 'B' match by 24-12.  The visitors scored a converted try at the end of the 1st half due to some excellent work by the forwards.  Danbury upped their lead in the 5th minute of the second half.  Their center was quite elusive in running in from 20 meters.  Just 3 minutes later  the Connecticutmen raised their advantage to 19-0 by scoring a converted try.  Shortly afterwards, Lansdowne's John Giordano sent a chip ahead.  Manus O'Sullivan was obstructed and a penalty try was awarded, which was converted by John Giordano.  Danbury responded immediately by running in a long distance try.  Lansdowne weren't quite finished yet as Manus O'Sullivan did some massive work at the breakdown.  Kevin Poplaski came up with the ball and galloped in from 15 to close the numbers.  Man of the Match was Mike Poplaski.

Lansdowne practices are held every Monday and Wednesday at 8:00 PM in Tibbetts Brook Park in Yonkers.  All interested players should come on down or contact the club at any of the following: website, email or phone hotline (914)297-8429.  Next up for Lansdowne is an away match against Old Blue on October 19.