PSNI have since launched a murder investigation

The bodies of Giselle Marimon-Herrera, her daughter Allison, and another unnamed man were discovered in a Newry, Co Down apartment on Thursday.

Read More: Tragedy in Donegal as four young men die in car crash

The PSNI (Police Service of Northern Ireland) said that on Thursday morning, “the police received a call from a concerned member of a family worried that they hadn’t been in contact with the family for a number of days” and made a “forced entry” into the apartment.

We can confirm that the two females who were found dead at their Glin Ree Court apartment home on Thursday were Giselle Marimon-Herrera, 37, and her 15 year old daughter Allison.

— PSNI (@PoliceServiceNI) March 8, 2019

In a statement on Friday, Detective Superintendent Jason Murphy said: "Since yesterday morning, officers from a PSNI Major Investigation team have been conducting a murder inquiry, following the discovery of the bodies of three people at Glin Ree Court in Newry.”

Murphy said that 37-year-old Giselle, originally from Columbia, had been living in Northern Ireland for about four years. Her 15-year-old daughter Allison was born in Spain but has been living in Northern Ireland since 2017.

Read More: Irish college student tragically killed after Texas accident

“Allison attended Newry High School and my thoughts are also with the teachers and pupils who knew her. They too are trying to come to terms with this tragedy.”

“I believe that Giselle and Allison were still alive in the early hours of Sunday morning but family members have not been able to contact them since. The exact circumstances of what happened in their home remain the subject of our investigation.”

“I would appeal today to anyone who came into direct contact with either Giselle or Allison or communicated with them via text or social media since Friday to contact detectives in Newry.”

“We are currently supporting the families of those involved as well as Newry High School. I would ask that they are given the time and space to come to terms with these tragic events.”

“Post mortem examinations are currently underway. I do not yet have any preliminary or definitive causes of death, and I do not intend to speculate about that today. I would expect the post mortem results to be available to us in the coming days.

Read More: Liam Neeson’s nephew dies in Northern Ireland five years after tragic fall

“While our investigation remains at an early stage, there is no evidence at this time that anyone else was involved.”

“This is an unspeakable tragedy and anyone with information should contact detectives on 101."

Speaking with The Irish Mirror, Sinn Fein councilor Charlie Casey said that he was briefed by a police officer and said: “What he did say was we can rule out gas and carbon monoxide.

“Other than that it’s a bit of a disaster. When the news and the information does come out it will be a shock to the community.”