Roz Purcell is one of Ireland’s most successful models and was the 2010 winner of Miss Universe Ireland. She now adds celebrity chef to her resume with her cooking blog, Natural Born Feeder.
Check out more recipes on IrishCentral here
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 tbsp. maple
- 1 tsp. coconut oil/cooking oil
- 3 tbsp. Greek yogurt or 3 tbsp. Coyo
- 1 tbsp. whey vanilla protein (optional)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- Handful toasted flaked almonds
- For the filling, combine the Greek yogurt and protein until smooth, if using Coyo you don't need to prep this section.
- Likewise for the chocolate sauce mix until there is no separation and heat for 40 seconds, leave to one side until ready to use.
- Prepare a non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat and add the cooking oil.
- Once melted place on the whole banana and drizzle over the maple, cook for 2-3 minutes lightly browning the outside.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the banana to serving plate.
- Using a knife cut length ways about ¾ deep, creating a hammock effect.
- Spoon in the Greek yogurt and protein mix.
- Drizzle in the chocolate sauce and sprinkle over the flaked almonds.