How many Irish people do you know who don't like potatoes?! Not many, right? But do you know any who would try this diet?
Chris Voigt, the head of the Washington State Potato Commission, lost 21 pounds in two months and dropped his cholesterol by 60 points on a potato only diet.
Read more: Irish potato recipes - with a twist!
The miracle Irish potato diet - can you drop 21 pounds in 2 mo...
Potatoes are certainly delicious, but could they offer a secret to weight loss, too? One man ate nothing but spuds morning, noon and night, and the result put low-carb diets to shame. Read more here: http://www.irishcentral.com/culture/food-drink/the-miracle-irish-potato-diet-drop-21-pounds-in-two-months-111252359-237729391.htmlPubliée par IrishCentral.com sur Lundi 9 novembre 2015
Here is what needs to be done, as outlined in ehow.com:
1. Eat only potatoes, morning, noon, and night. Eat them baked, mashed, steamed, roasted, and juice, but never fried.
2. Never add milk or butter. Use Chives, mint, cumin, turmeric, fennel, caraway, paprika, dill, nutmeg, rosemary, and fresh garlic. Use potato juice or herbal teas to aid in making mashed potatoes.
3. Very important - Leave the skins on the potatoes. The skins account for over 75% of the potato's mineral value.
4. Drink plenty of water and herbal teas.
And that is it - simple really, though maybe a tad monotonous.
Would you try an all-potato diet? Let us know in the comments!
* Originally published in November 2013.