Corned beef is sometimes erroneously attributed to Ireland - but it's so tasty, we don't really mind!
Corned beef hash is a hearty and flavorful dish that has been enjoyed for generations. It is a perfect way to use up leftover corned beef from St. Patrick's Day or any other occasion.
This dish combines tender corned beef, crispy potatoes, onions, and a medley of savory spices, creating a satisfying meal that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. In this article, we will guide you through a simple and delicious homemade corned beef hash recipe that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
Corned beef hash recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, coarsely shredded
- 2 pounds of cooked corned beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to
Melt butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion just until it begins to brown, about eight minutes
Stir in the potatoes and carrot, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the cubed corned beef, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
*Originally published in 2016. Last updated in June 2023.