Corned beef is sometimes erroneously attributed to Ireland - but it's so tasty, we don't really mind!
Whether it’s a filling brunch or a warming dinner on a brisk evening you’re after, this corned beef hash recipe is the one for you.
Deluxe corned beef hash recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, coarsely shredded
- 2 pounds cooked corned beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to
Melt butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion just until it begins to brown, about eight minutes
Stir in the potatoes and carrot, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the cubed corned beef, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
*Originally published in 2016. Last updated in September 2022.