America is just one big family! That’s according to AncestryDNA’s study which shows interesting connections among the 318 million people in the United States.
Unlock your own ancestry with a DNA test
According to Ancestry DNA, the USA’s all “One Big American Family”. You may share more in common with the strangers around you than you think. Statically 1 in 5,000 Americans are actually your cousins.
Read more: Joe Biden reflects on coming home to Ireland and life lessons learned
So, what does that mean?
With other 318 million people in the USA…
- You could bump into two relatives while snapping photos of the Statue of Liberty
- If you finished first in the Boston Marathon six cousins could follow you across the finish line
- You could see 39 relatives during a layover at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- If you visited Disney World you could meet up to ten cousins on the rides
- You might be able to spot 16 cousins during a sold-out Cowboys game
See! So y’all are really one great big American family.
Read more: A history of Irish surnames: Learn about your Irish last name
* There are many paths to finding your family story. Whichever way you choose—tracing your family generations back with a family tree or uncovering your ethnicity with AncestryDNA—Ancestry be here to help you. For more visit www.ancestry.com.