- Mick Moloney: Roots of American MusicThursday, March 7th, 7:30 p.m. Musician, author and folklorist Dr. Mick Moloney presents Irish and African roots of American music. Admission is $10 per person.
- Irish History Lecture by Prof. Matthews:Eamon de Valera: the Man Who Was 20th Century Ireland, Friday, March 8th 8 p.m. $5 for ICC Members | $10 General Admission.
- Genealogy 101 Workshop with Mike Brophy: Dead Money: From Finding Descendents in the U.S. to a Fortune in Ireland. Brophy, recently featured in the award-nominated Irish TV series Dead Money, provides tools and tips for tracing lineage and inheritance. Saturday, March 9th 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. $20 ICC Members | $25 General Registration.
- The Prodigals in Concert: Saturday, March 9th, 8 p.m. “Best Funky-Celtic-Folksters” (Rock’n’Reel, UK). This is the Prodigals’ only Boston stop this St. Patrick’s Day—don’t miss out! $18 per person. General Admission/Seating.
- ICC Author Series: Acclaimed Photo Detective” Maureen Taylor, specializing in Irish photographs, presents material and tips for “reading” clues in photographs from her bookFashionable Folks: Hairstyles 1840 to 1900. Sunday, March 10th 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bring family photos from days-gone-by. $10 General Admission.
- ICC Canton Ceili: Sunday March 10th, 3—7pm. Traditional Irish music and ceili dancing with Billy O’Neill and friends. $10 per person at the door.
- ICC Celebrity Chef Series with Brian Houlihan: Monday March 11th, 7:30-9:30pm. Chef Brian Houlihan of Bia Bistro & the Tinker’s Son will demonstrate two dishes: Drunken Mussels and Guinness Braised Beef Short Ribs. Admission includes tasting & paired wine selection. $25 ICC Members | $30 General Admission.
- Tiny Cottage Series: Matt Cranitch & Jackie Daly: Wednesday March 13th, 8pm. Matt & Jackie are world-renowned players of the unique Sliabh Luachra style of traditional Irish music. Learn about the region and its rich musical traditions. $30 per person.
- Joshua Tree: Friday, March 15th, 8pm. Start your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations early with a concert by Joshua Tree, the best U2 cover band around. This event tends to sell out so purchase tickets early! $15 per person.
- March 16: Doors open at 1pm with music continuing all day. Featuring The Auld Locals, Dan Hallissey, traditional Irish session, O’Shea Chaplin Academy of Irish Dance. $5 per person at the door after 5pm. Kids under 12 are free. Separate cost for food & drink. St. Patrick’s Day:Saturday, March 17th, doors open at 7am.
The ICCNE campus offers ample parking in the main lot, handicap accessibility and an elevator. Please walk over the foot bridge to the Centre. For tickets and information about events at the Irish Cultural Centre, 200 New Boston Drive, Canton MA 02091 please visit the ICCNE website at www.irishculture.org
, call 781-821-8291 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org