Peanut butter & jelly protein tarts recipe
Serves: six large individual tarts
- 200g oats
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 250g cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 egg & 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp stevia
- 1 scoop whey
- Place the oats into a Nutri Bullet or food processor and blend into a fine flour.
- Tip the flour into a medium sized mixing bowl and add the sea salt and coconut oil.
- Using your fingers rub together the mix, then add the water, egg and honey, using your hands knead into a thick dough.
- Breaking off 6 sections press each section into a lined or greased muffin old and create a tart case using your fingers by pushing up the dough along the sides (making are its even).
- Repeat this to make 6 cases.
- Blind bake the tarts for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- While they are baking in a bowl mash up the raspberries until pureed and place to one side.
- In a Nutri Bullet or food processor add all the filing ingredients and blend until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of raspberry into each baked tart case and pour enough filling to cover the top of the pastry.
- Place back in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes (depending how deep your tart case is) until golden brown on top, there should be a little spongey bounce if your press your finger on top of the filling.