If you are a nut lover like me, you will love this recipe! I was literally eating it from the bowl, and served with chicken it is the perfect Paleo feast! This keeps for up to 4 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It is also vegan friendly so If you fancy a meat free dinner this is great served alongside some creamy potatoes and roasted veggies!
- 1 brown onion dice finely
- 2 sticks celery chopped thinly
- 8 fresh sage leaves- roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove- peeled and diced finely
- 2 sprigs of rosemary – leave pulled off and chopped
- tbsp. thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ small Brambley apple- grated in large cuts
- 120g whole almonds
- 50g walnuts
- pinch of salt
- Start by adding the oil into a saucepan over medium heat, then add in the onions and sweat them with the lid on for 6 minutes until tender and almost translucent (not browned).
- Next stir in the celery, garlic and herbs cooking for 5 minutes to combine all the flavors. The celery and onion should be cut very finely that at this stage they have only a tiny bit of bite and are mostly tender.
- Stir in the apple and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and leave to one side while you prepare the nuts.
- In a food processor add the walnuts and almonds and blend for 40 seconds to a minute until they are broken down into a breadcrumb like texture.
- Stir the nuts and a pinch of salt into the herbed mix and you are ready to serve!
* Roz Purcell is one of Ireland’s most successful models and was the 2010 winner of Miss Universe Ireland. She now adds celebrity chef to her resume with her cooking blog, Natural Born Feeder.