Sweet warm, rich and delicious. Our Roz Purcell, top Irish model turned healthy eating guru, has created another treat using wholesome healthy produce.
This is what Irish cooking is all about.
Honey pears with orange & vanilla cashew cream recipe
* Serves 4
- 4 ripe pears (cut in halves, length ways)
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 2 handfuls nut mix
- 200g cashews (soaked overnight in water)
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence (or 2 pods)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Rinse and drain the cashews, place in a blender with the juice of an orange, honey and vanilla and blend to create a smooth cream
- Place the pear halves onto a baking tray
- Mix the honey and coconut oil and drizzle over the pears
- Place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes at 200 until slightly wilted and golden around the edges
- Add the mixed nuts to the tray and toast for 2-3 minutes. Once the nuts are toasted, crush up into smaller pieces
- Spoon 4 tablespoons cashew cream on a plate and place the roasted pears on the cream and sprinkle over the toasted nuts
* Roz Purcell is one of Ireland’s most successful models and was the 2010 winner of Miss Universe Ireland. She now adds celebrity chef to her resume with her cooking blog, Natural Born Feeder.