Today, February 19, would you believe, has been dubbed Chocolate Mint Day!
We found the perfect slightly healthier version of an Irish favorite, the Viscount cookie, provided by Irish model turned dietician Rozanna Purcell.
There'll be no guilt if when you dig into these!
Healthy Chocolate Mint Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil – at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup/ raw honey
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla powder or 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 tbsp. coconut purée or Virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. raw honey /maple
- 1/2 capful of spearmint or peppermint extract
- <70% dark chocolate
* Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Preheat oven to 350ºF
Start with the base. Using your hands rub the coconut oil in with the flour until it's almost like fine crumbs.
Add the rest of your base ingredients and mix using your hands. It should be a wet dough.
Prepare your wooden board or clean surface for cutting your biscuits.
Sprinkle some almond flour, then fold the dough a couple of times.
Pat down the dough to 1/2 inch thick and using a cutter make your cookies.
Using your thumb, make a well in the center of the biscuit, but be careful not to pierce the whole way through.
Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes
In a bowl place all the ingredients for the mint layer and using the back of a spoon mix until completely smooth.
Once the cookies have cooled fully, fill in the thumbprints with the mint paste and dip into the melted dark chocolate.
* Originally published in 2016, last updated in February 2021.