Do you want to appear as an extra in the hit show Vikings?
Popular TV show Vikings has issued an opening casting call for hundreds of Irish to appear as extras. If you’re over 17 and living in Ireland, casting agents are looking for you to appear in the background of the sixth series of the program filmed in Co. Wicklow.
All ethnic, religious backgrounds, nationalities and heritage are accepted and filming is set to start in Wicklow’s Ashford Studios in July.
The casting call will be held on two days next week, in Wicklow on Wednesday, June 27, and in Dublin on Saturday, June 30.
Read more: Irish people have far more Viking DNA than was suspected
Full details of the casting call are here:
- The Grand Hotel, Abbey St, Wicklow Town, Wednesday, June 27, 2018, anytime between 10am – 5.30pm.
- The Complex, 10-14 Little Mary Street, Dublin 7 (Between Capel Street & Smithfield Markets), Saturday, June 30, 2018, anytime between 9am-5.30pm.
Read more: How the Vikings forever changed Ireland
If you’re thinking of applying, producers ask that you look at these requirements beforehand:
- You should live locally (Ireland) to be considered and have a work visa/PPS number. This is mainly for adults aged 17yrs +.
- You do not need an appointment and can turn up anytime between the hours stated.
- You only need to attend one of the days to apply.
- You will be asked to fill out an application form, which we will give you upon arrival. We will take a photo of each person when there after you fill out the application form.
- Please only attend if you wish to apply, time is limited and we want to give everyone genuinely wishing to apply a chance.
- The process will only take about 20 mins when you get into the venue.
- You need to be a full-time resident and living in Ireland with a working visa and PPS number.
- We will not call anyone from outside of Ireland so please DO NOT travel to our open casting if you do not fit the criteria
- We will be filming mostly in the Dublin and Wicklow areas. When we call for work/fittings, notice can sometimes be very short so availability should be good.
- Please be prepared and arrive with knowledge of your measurements e.g. your height, chest, dress, shoe sizes etc. as you will be asked to put all these details on the application form.
- You do not need to bring an additional CV or headshots along, but we will accept them if you wish.
- In terms of specific skills or appearances we are after, there are so many, but here are some examples: Fishermen, Carpenters, Craftspeople, Farmworkers, Axe Men/Women, Skilled swords people, M&F Archers, Bowmen & Women, M&F Rowers, M&F Sailors, Ship hands & Deckhands, Calligraphers, Latin Speakers, Arab Speakers, Greek Speakers, Musicians, Midwives, Nurses, Animal Handlers, Hunters, Blacksmiths, Lumberjacks, Magicians, Jugglers, Males with ALL TYPES & STYLES of haircuts. All Sporty types, Martial Artists, Boxers, No visible tattoos, Women with all lengths of naturally colored hair, all men prepared to grow hair and beards. This is far from a definitive list but it gives you an idea of how broad our search is. Have a think beforehand and bring as much information about yourself as you can. Remember, THIS IS NOT A DEFINITIVE LIST OF APPEARANCES, SKILLS OR HAIRSTYLES, we wish to see all types of adults!
- All jobs are casual/temporary.
- If selected we may call people anytime between now and end of filming.
- When called, we will discuss dates of filming and rates of pay with people and ask you to come out to the studio for fittings before your 1st day of filming.