Woo your significant other with the magic of Dublin's fair city this Valentine's Day by taking advantage of a special Black Friday offer from CIE Tours International.
Looking for a special gift this holiday season that will keep the one you love smiling all the way until Valentine's Day. What better way to say "I love you" than with a spontaneous (well, for them at least) trip to Ireland's capital city to see why it can rival Paris any day of the week as the City of Love.
This Black Friday up until November 30, CIE Tours is offering a deal you'll quickly fall head over heels for with 10 percent off and $100 air credit per person on select tours
For a sweet Valentine’s Day surprise, the premier tour company’s Dublin Delight long-weekend package puts travelers in the center of Ireland’s beating heart for the most romantic day of the year. Couples stay at the Ashling Hotel and get the benefit of local intel during their trip, but the flexibility to explore Dublin their own way. Because, just like love, no two vacations should be alike.
Here are ideas for a romantic rendezvous through Dublin, according to CIE Tours’ Irish insiders:
- Linger in uber cool Luna’s Mad Men-style booths until you’re helpless to resist their dessert cart
- Sip hot toddies while nestled in blankets outside The Bailey or fireside at The Bath in Ballsbridge
- BYO wine + vinyl to retro LP-loving Vintage Kitchen lauded for local ingredients and holiday feasts
- Brunch canalside with yogurt sorbet parfaits at Angelina’s or feel boho chic at Brother Hubbard
- Get sweet on global street eats with Parisian macarons from Ladurée and Leonidas Belgian chocolates
- Have a wild night at Wild Lights, Dublin Zoo’s giant illuminated silk lantern festival on life aquatic
- Sigh side-by-side on an afternoon spa date at The Marker, or take two for Thai massage at BaanPai
- Cuddle up in kayaks on the Grand Canal or row beneath the bridges along the Liffey
- Stroll St. Stephens Green and the hedge maze of Iveagh Gardens, stop to picnic by the mini waterfall
- St. Valentine’s Shrine seems like an apt pilgrimage for this patron saint of love’s most ardent fans
- Cinephiles can chill with cocktails in club chairs, sofas or beds at swoony restored art deco Stella Theater
- Get high drama and cheap thrills with early bird 10-euro tickets to famed writer W.B. Yeats’ Abbey Theatre
- Retrace the romance from Oscar-winner Once and walk down Grafton Street to the many tunes of buskers
- Stroll-n-smooch along Ha’penny Bridge, graced by initialed Love Locks.
- For crave-able seaside charm just outside Dublin city center, take the 25-minute LUAS tram/coastal DART train to Howth. Grab a quick pizza at quirky, station-side Dog House Blues Tea Room, check out the town’s open-air market, wander down the first visible pier, past the playful seal show going on beside the drawlers, and either hail a boat ride out to circle craggy Ireland’s Eye – or – climb up the pier’s endcap seawall and enjoy the view from afar.
- Make way back into town and follow a Cliff Walk loop up to the top of Howth Head, where the Baily Lighthouse sets off a panoramic vista stretching from Dublin Bay to the Wicklow Mountains.
- Now just steps from the aptly named Summit Inn, quench thirst for oysters and Guinness before an easy ramble back down into town for stunning sunset eats at modern, pier-side Aqua – or – an authentic Irish dinner/show combo at The Abbey Tavern, with nooks dating from the 16th century and over 70 Irish whiskeys from which to choose.
- Retire to The Bloody Stream, right in the basement of Howth’s DART station, for one last night-cap, then snug for a relaxing rail ride back to Dublin.
And if you travel with the DUBLIN DELIGHT PACKAGE, you'll be treated to all of these perks:
- Learn how to pull the perfect pint (with a certificate to prove it) during a guided tour of the Guinness Storehouse and a stop at the towering, glass-walled Gravity Bar
- Choose from one of the following attractions, entry compliments of CIE Tours: Teeling Distillery to taste whiskey that dates to 1782; EPIC Ireland, the world’s only fully digital museum; or GPO Witness History, a museum in the iconic General Post Office
- Travel the city easily with three days of access to Dublin’s Hop-On, Hop-Off tour bus.
Guests of CIE Tours’ four-night Dublin Delight package enjoy a romantic stay at the Ashling Hotel, plus airport transfers, daily breakfast, a guided walking tour to help get their bearings, a meet-and-greet with a private concierge on day two to map ideas for the remainder of the visit, and access to select attractions. The package starts at $598 per person between December 2018 and March 2019, with a special Valentine’s Day departure on Feb. 14, 2019, that starts at $748.
Making love even sweeter, fast-acting travelers can take advantage of CIE Tours’ Black Friday offer, available through Nov. 30, including 10 percent off and $100 air credit per person on select tours.
As Irish-American Mark Twain wrote, “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” To that end, a romantic weekend of Dublin discovery awaits.
For more information or to book the Dublin Discovery package for Valentine’s Day – and beyond – visit www.cietours.com, call 800-243-8687, or connect with a travel professional.