Iconic director Steven Spielberg has announced that production for “Indiana Jones 5” will start next spring.
The world's highest grossing director confirmed the news at the Rakuten TV Empire Awards in London on Sunday night.
Filming will apparently begin next April in the United Kingdom. Little is known about the production thus far, but Harrison Ford will be back in the titular role and the film's screenplay will be written by David Koepp.
Indiana Jones' son Mutt Williams, previously played by Shia LeBeouf, will apparently not be returning to screens.
“It’s always worth the trip when I get to work with this deep bench of talent coming out of the UK,” Spielberg said during his acceptance speech.
“The actors, and the crew, the chippies, the sparks, the drivers — everybody who has helped me make my movies here, and will continue helping me make my movies here when I come back in April 2019 to make the fifth Indiana Jones movie right here."
Accepting Empire's Legend of our Lifetime award, Spielberg also reflected on the pervasive Me Too/Time's Up movement.
"We were very much on board from the very beginning, my wife Kate and I," the Ohio native said.
"This is more important than any of us can ever really realize. I think in 10 years we’ll look back and realize what a watershed moment we are all experiencing together, 2017 to 2018. It’s extraordinary what’s happening right now. The fact that women who have had no representation and have not been able to find the support or the courage to step forward, now they will have representation and they will have the support. Time’s Up means it’s time up. This is it. This is the end of the way things were, it will never be that way again hopefully.”
His full speech can be viewed below: