Multi-platinum Irish music sensation Celtic Woman is making a triumphant return to stages across North America with a brand new show, "Destiny," celebrating their new album and DVD, also titled "Destiny."
The performances honor Ireland’s past, while bringing a contemporary musical edge to songs old and new in a way that also reflects the vibrant, modern nation that Ireland has become.
The "Destiny" tour began on March 4 in Nashville with performances lined up in 85 cities through early July. They will be performing at the Kings Theater in Brooklyn – recently restored to its former Art Deco glory – on June 22, and IrishCentral has a special offer! See the bottom of the article for a discount code.
Celtic Woman’s new studio album, "Destiny," and companion DVD "Destiny – Live in Concert" are now available in stores. The DVD was filmed in Dublin in the Round Room at The Mansion House, historic home of The Lord Mayor of Dublin.
The heart of Ireland beats strongly throughout the "Destiny" tour, which features an entirely new production with many songs from the forthcoming "Destiny" CD/ DVD. Throughout 2016 Ireland is commemorating the events of 100 years ago that led to the nation’s independence and, in synch with national sentiment, Celtic Woman offers a rousing version of “Óró sé do bheatha ‘bhaile,” an anthem closely connected with the 1916 uprising.
Read more: A date with destiny for Celtic Woman
The all female ensemble also delivers other timeless traditional Irish songs such as “Bean Pháidín” and "Siúil A Run" highlighting the beauty of Ireland’s heritage and its Gaelic language. Alongside newer songs such as “Walk Beside Me” and “The Whole Of The Moon,” the show also features re-imagined renditions of audience favorites “Amazing Grace” and “You Raise Me Up.”
Named Billboard Magazine’s #1 World Albums Artist six times, Celtic Woman showcases three world class vocalists – Mairéad Carlin, Susan McFadden and newest member Éabha McMahon – and brilliant Celtic violinist Máiréad Nesbitt. These four are accompanied by a group of equally talented musicians and dancers whose exceptional skills and high energy bring a fresh fusion to centuries of musical and cultural tradition.
Celtic Woman made its debut on PBS in 2005 and achieved massive success encompassing nine albums and eight DVDs which sold over nine million copies worldwide and reached platinum-level sales in nine countries. In the U.S., every Celtic Woman album including 2013’s "Emerald Musical Gems" – debuted at #1 on Billboard's World Album chart. As a touring powerhouse, the group has performed for over three million fans on six continents in 23 countries.
Join Celtic Woman on the next chapter of their musical journey – a true destiny to be shared by all!
For complete tour schedule and ticket information, visit www.CelticWoman.com
Just for IrishCentral readers, Celtic Woman is offering a discount code for 50% off on tickets to the June 22 concert in Brooklyn.
Use the code IRISHATG to get:
- $25 tickets for seating in rows FF–OO of orchestra sections 4–8 or rows G–M of mezzanine sections 10–15 (up to $60.25 value)
- $36.25 tickets for seating in rows AA–EE of orchestra sections 4–8 or rows D–F of mezzanine sections 10–15 (up to $72.50 value)
- $47.50 tickets for seating in rows A-Z orchestra sections 1–3 or rows AA–LL of mezzanine section 9 or 16 (up to $95 value)
Here are the remaining dates and venues for the "Destiny" tour:
- 6/1 Denver, CO - Buell Theatre at Denver Performing Arts Complex
- 6/3 Rapid City, SD - Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
- 6/4 Bismarck, ND - Bismarck Event Center
- 6/5 Grand Forks, ND - Chester Fritz Auditorium
- 6/7 Bemidji, MN - Sanford Center
- 6/9 La Crosse, WI - La Crosse Center
- 6/10 Prior Lake, MN - Mystic Lake Casino
- 6/12 Grand Rapids, MI - DeVos Performance Hall
- 6/14 Kalamazoo, MI - Miller Auditorium
- 6/16 Warren, OH W.D. - Packard Music Hall
- 6/17 University Park, PA - Eisenhower Auditorium
- 6/19 Schenectady, NY - Proctors
- 6/21 Rochester, NY - Auditorium Theatre
- 6/22 Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre
- 6/24-6/25 Orillia, Ontario - Casino Rama
- 6/26 Erie, PA - Warner Theatre
- 6/28 Lowell, MA - Lowell Memorial Auditorium
- 6/29 Providence, RI - PPAC
- 6/30 Newark, NJ - NJPAC
- 7/1-7/2 Red Bank, NJ - Count Basie Theater