The 6th annual Bergen County Irish Festival promises fun for the whole family
The Bergen County Irish Festival is set for this Saturday, June 29th, in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey.
Hosted by the Bergen County Council of Irish Associations, the sixth annual Irish festival includes a day’s worth of free events, rain or shine, at Overpeck County Park.
Among the events for 2019 are the 5K Family Fun Run / Walk; a Gaelic Football tournament sponsored by St. Joe’s Gaelic Football; as well as Irish music, Irish literature, and Irish dance performances.
Plenty of vendors selling Irish goods will be on hand, and a pub area will be open for adults to enjoy.
Kevin Duffy, president of the BCCIA, and Tommy O’Reilly, festival chairperson, said: “We anticipate another great day where guests will again enjoy the depth of Irish culture and Irish influence in American life.”
“We are especially thrilled to be continuing the tradition of starting the day with The Festival 5K Fun Run/Walk which will take place at 9 a.m. (registration starts at 8 am). Thanks to the support of our generous sponsors, the Bergen County Irish Festival and 5K Fun Run/Walk has become a resounding success.”
“Thousands of people attend, taking in a day of Irish and Irish American music, literature, dance, sports, and crafts in beautiful Overpeck Park. It is a brilliant affair, kicked off by the energetic Festival 5K Fun Run/Walk.”
The full schedule for the 2019 Bergen County Irish Festival is:
- 8:00 a.m. 5k Fun Run registration
- 9:00 a.m. 5k Fun Run start
- 9:00 a.m. Pete Jones & Phil McCudden U-10 Gaelic Football Tournament start (at Soccer Turf Field)
- 10:00 a.m. 5K Awards Ceremony
- 11:00 a.m. Arts and Literature Performances
- 12:30 pm Festival Acknowledgments /National Anthems/ Speeches from dignitaries, elected officials, and others
- 1:00 p.m. Traditional Musicians
- 2:00 p.m. Championship Matches Gaelic Football Tournament – Soccer Field
- 2:00 p.m. Performance by the McLoughlin School
- 2:30 p.m. Mike Keogh and Tara Gold
- 3:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony for the U-10 GAA Tournament
- 4:00 p.m. Performance by the Bergen Irish Pipe Band
- 4:30 p.m. Nine Mile House
- 6:00 p.m. Pub area closes
- 7:00 p.m. Festival close
Check out highlights from last year's Bergen County Irish Festival here:
Here are a few highlights from The Bergen County Irish Festival. Please spread the word and share with your friends.Publiée par The Council of Irish Associations of Greater Bergen County, Inc sur Mardi 3 juillet 2018