Airbnb has added Dublin to its list of cities taking advantage of the sites latest feature to improve travelers experiences when visiting a new destination.
Airbnb’s newly launched Trips platform is the company's latest development to their growing website and offers users a new ‘Experiences’ feature. This update will allow people the opportunity to experience cities in a whole new light. Dublin has joined the list of 27 other cities to incorporate the global booking sites newest feature.
Visitors and locals can choose up to 20 Dublin based experiences on offer when booking accommodation. Airbnb hopes that ‘Experiences’ will give users the opportunity to get an authentic adventure to remember led by experts that know the city. Prices for these different experiences range from €23 ($26) to €134 ($150) per person.
‘Experiences’ is designed with the concept of seeing Dublin City away from the beaten track. Explorers can track U2’s footsteps around Dublin’s Docks, learn to brew beer and experience the Irish pub culture or even learn to make brown bread and Irish stew.
Airbnb’s Chief Marketing Officer Jonathan Mildenhall at Oscailte, an annual event which brings Irish hosts together, hopes ‘Experiences’ will put the magic back into traveling, “We want to make travel magical again by immersing curious visitors in local communities and offering them the opportunity to see the true character of a city through the eyes of the people who live there. Experiences are also a great way for locals to meet new people, learn a new skill or see their own cities with a fresh pair of eyes.”
‘Experiences’ on offer in Dublin range across a variety of different activities, including:
- The Liberties By Day: Explore Dublin’s historic neighborhoods and hidden gems, and sample artisan products from cookie companies, freshly baked breads and the most delicious sausage rolls in Dublin
- An Untold Story: Join the ultimate walking tour of historic queer Dublin hosted by an activist and historian, as he explores the social-cultural and political life of LGBTQ Dublin
- Exploring Costume: Get a unique behind the scenes perspective on the workings of the Abbey Theatre costume department. After a backstage adventure, you’ll gain unprecedented access from the Head of Costume, who will talk you through her costume design process, allowing you unique access to sketchbooks, costume fitting pictures and the finished product
- Food Styling Workshop: Step inside a food styling workshop where you’ll learn to shoot from the best angles with light and shadow tips from a renowned international food stylist who has worked with some of the biggest names in the Irish food scene
- Folk Songs in Dublin: Gain insider access into the Dublin folk scene and local music pubs with a local musician
Welcome to the world of trips on Airbnb. Homes, experiences, and places — all in one app. http://abnb.co/sZxcWzPosted by Airbnb on Thursday, November 17, 2016
Since beginning in 2008, Airbnb has grown into a major booking website offering unique accommodation in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries. ‘Experiences’ are now available in 28 major cities including Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Sydney in Australia and New York City here in the US. New York visitors can bike and snack through Harlem or brew a batch of beer with a master.
Will you take the road less traveled and explore Airbnb’s new ‘Experiences’?