New Irish Foodie Tours by Ireland’s premier operator debut next summer, starting at $1,998 per person.
Irish call whiskey “uisce beatha,” which literally translates to “water of life.” The island’s strong whiskey tradition is but one delicious part of new Irish Foodie Tours by CIE Tours International, which debut next year.
Available June through September, the seven-night guided vacations start at $1,998 and explore many facets of Ireland’s culinary culture, from goat-farm visits to seaweed foraging trips and beyond.
Pairing edible delights with visits to important cultural landmarks, the new program was crafted by the award-winning tour company with the budding epicurean in mind. CIE Tours’ 86-year history in the region makes it particularly well-versed in the best of Irish food and drink. Guests will benefit from the extensive knowledge and personal storytelling of native guides, who embody the best of Irish hospitality.
Tasty trip highlights include:
- A tea tour through Dublin aboard a vintage double-decker bus, followed by a visit to The Dublin Liberties Distillery for whiskey education and tastings.
- A cooking class and friendly “cook-off” competition at Dublin’s premier cooking school, appropriately set in the heart of the city’s creative hub.
- A visit to a family-run farm in Cork to sample the incredible cheese and natural yogurt made thanks to its flock of 400 goats, before making a stop at the iconic covered English Market of Cork.
- A scenic drive along the rugged coast to Kerry for a chocolate-making class.
- A seashore stroll for seaweed foraging, learning from local experts about the nutritional, horticultural and cosmetic benefits of ocean plants, with an opportunity to sample the superfood fresh from the rocks.
- A whiskey and chocolate pairing during a special dinner in Killarney.
- A ferry ride from Kerry to Clare to explore a cheese farm in Inagh, just south of the limestone landscape of the Burren, followed by a trip to the spectacular Cliffs of Moher.
CIE Tours’ Irish Foodie tours kick-off June 15, July 13, Aug. 17 and Sept. 7. The package price is per person based on double occupancy and includes all accommodations, on-tour transportation, activities, 17 meals, the insights of a native guide, local taxes and hotel service charges, and more.
For more information or to book the Irish Foodie Tour, visit www.cietours.com, call 800-243-8687, or connect with a travel professional.