In need of some Wednesday Wisdom? The Irish always have a wise word or two in your hour of need.
The Irish have always had a way with words, whether to express love or dislike. Here are some of the best and most questionable examples:
1. Money can’t buy love, but better to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.
2. Forgive your enemy, but remember his name.
3. Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.
4. For every mile of road, there are two miles of ditches
5. Alcohol doesn’t solve any problem, but then neither does milk.
6. You can always burn that bridge when you come to it.
7. A well-balanced Irishman has a chip on both shoulders.
8. The British never remember but the Irish never forget.
9. Nothing better than warm words on a cold night.
10. You'll never plow a field by turning it over in your mind.
What is your favorite Irish piece of wisdom? Let us know in the comments section, below.
Read more: Wise words of wisdom from an Irish Mammy