Findmypast is working in partnership with IrishCentral to share fascinating insights into your Irish ancestors. Click here to get a special half price subscription, and discover your Irish roots today!
This Friday, January 23, Findmypast are bringing together the 70 million plus people around the world with Irish roots to celebrate Irish Family History Day.
With the largest collection of Irish records anywhere online, Findmypast has become the number one source for building your Irish family tree online. To mark Irish Family History Day, they’ve lined up a number of special events including a special webinar with Irish genealogy expert Brian Donovan and the release of over 7 million new Irish records and newspaper articles. These include:
• Irish Poverty Relief Loans 1821-1874 – details of loans received by the poorest families in rural Ireland before, during and after the Great Famine.
• Ireland Census 1911 – The latest full surviving census of the entire island that’s available to the public, these records are the perfect starting point for anyone tracing their Irish ancestors
• County Clare Electoral Registers 1860-1910 – Over 300,000 exclusive records of the electorate in County Clare during the 19th and early 20th centuries
• Ireland Marriages 1619-1898 – Over 800,000 transcripts of marriages in Ireland dating back to the 17th century
• New Irish newspapers – Over 1.1 million new Irish newspaper articles have been added in the last month including 4 new titles from Dublin
Join Findmypast for Irish Family History Day and see what you can uncover about your ancestors’ lives in the Emerald Isle.
For more stories on tracing your Irish heritage from Findmypast click here.