|Irish Pastoral Centre|
Massage and relaxation sessions are coming to the IPC this fall. Massage therapy is more than simply relaxing me-time. Studies continue to prove the physical and emotional benefits of even a single massage therapy session. Just some of the benefits of massage found by the American Massage Therapy Association include;
· Stronger immune system: massage has been shown to improve and strengthen the immune system. This is great news, as we need all the help we can get as we enter flu season.
· Muscle stiffness: as we age, the muscles become stiffer and are in need of constant stretching. Massage helps with stiffness and some of the regular painful conditions that come with aging; this keeps muscles more limber and reduces the risk of injury.
· Reduces anxiety and depression: massage fulfills our basic need for touch. Getting a massage on a regular basis can greatly reduce and help get symptoms of anxiety and depression under control. Seniors who get massage on a regular basis have a better outlook on life than those who have no physical contact with others.
· Improved Alzheimer’s and dementia symptoms: therapeutic massage has been shown to improve symptoms of both Alzheimer's and Dementia, by reducing agitation and quieting some of the symptoms related to both.
· Improves rehabilitation after injury: rehabilitation can be frustrating. A continual massage program can accelerate the recovery process, as well as helping you relax and stay motivated.
· Greatly improves balance and agility: therapeutic massage helps to bring awareness to the body and this in turn helps to improve balance, coordination and agility.
Massage and relaxation sessions are now available to the IPC. We will be joined by Gloria from Perfectly Balanced Life this Wednesday, Sept. 18th from 10am to 12noon. Massages will be offered at a rate of $30 for a 30 minute session or at a subsidized rate for seniors with financial difficulties, who can discuss this with Gloria or Eileen in confidence. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Eileen on 617.265.5300 X 13.
You don’t have to put it all on red to have some fun! The IPC is heading to Mohegan Sun on Thursday, October 10th for a little gambling and a lot of fun. The bus will depart St. Anne’s in Quincy at 8am. $25 will secure your spot on the bus, a $15 lunch voucher and a $15 gambling voucher. ALL ARE WELCOME! To book your spot or find out some more information contact Eileen on 1.855.479.2472