A convicted rapist and suspect serial killer, Larry Murphy, is keeping company with an Irish double rapist in Amsterdam.

Murphy, 47, was freed from prison in August 2010, after serving a ten-and-a-half years of a 15-year sentence for the abduction, multiple rape and attempted murder of a Carlow businesswoman in February 2000.

The Wicklow man was nicknamed the ‘Beast Of Baltinglass’ after he was named as the chief suspect in the disappearance of Annie McCarrick, Jo Jo Dullard and Deirdre Jacob.

A TV3 investigation, involving reporter Paul Williams, has revealed that Murphy is now living in Amsterdam and one of his closest allies is a fellow ex-con who also served time in Arbor Hill prison in Dublin.

The Dublin sex fiend, who cannot be named for legal reasons, raped two women at knifepoint in south Dublin over a decade ago.

Read More: Serial killer suspect Larry Murphy befriends double rapist in Amsterdam - VIDEO

Photos show the pair hanging around together in Amsterdam.

According to the Irish Independent, Murphy’s pal shares a similar history. He was also unknown to police before he held two women hostage in an apartment and raped them at knifepoint.

A police source told the newspaper: “The man you have photographed with Murphy is a total brute just like his friend. He carried out a horrific attack on those two women.”

"And like Murphy he had not come to garda attention before that event."

He was jailed in October 2002 for ten years, after pleading guilty to four counts of rape.

It is understood the pair are both working in a logistics firm. The Dublin man collects Murphy for work on his scooter every morning at 4am.

Murphy is one of Ireland's most notorious sex attackers. In February 2000, late one evening he pounced on a Carlow business woman as she approached her car in a secluded car park.

After he punched his victim, he ordered her into the car, where he tied her hands with her bra. He then drove to his own car, where he transferred his victim into his trunk. He first took her to a secluded area in Beaconstown in Co. Kildare, where he raped her. Then he took her to the foothills of the Wicklow mountains where he raped her a further three times.

Luckily two hunters disturbed Murphy, after he placed a plastic bag over his victim's head and attempted to suffocate her. He fled the scene and went home to his wife and kids, before he was arrested by police the following day.