Irish gypsies determined to avenge murdered Sian O'Callaghan have put a $240,000 price on the head of her suspected murdered Chris Halliwell,a taxi driver.

Last Thursday the body of 22-year-old Sian was found near the White Horse landmark in Oxfordshire. Sian went missing from the nightclub Suju, in Swindon, five days earlier.

The gypsies, who are thought to be linked to Sian's boyfriend, Kevin Reape, are also taking bets that Halliwell will not live until his trial.

Dean Mayo, a friend of the Reape family spoke to the Sun. He said "The Irish community have all got together to put this up…People have already been contacted in prison. Everyone wants to get him…People say he deserves to die or would like to give him injuries he'd have for the rest of his life."

On Monday Halliwell appeared in Swindon at his remand hearing. A mob attacked the police van he was being transported in and screamed threats at Halliwell. On Wednesday he appeared in Bristol Crown Court but there was no repeat of the angry scenes seen earlier this week. Halliwell has now been remanded in prison until April 8 when he will appear in court via videolink.

On Monday Sian's father, Mick O'Callaghan, paid tribute to his beautiful daughter on behalf of Reape and his family.

He said "Sian was a bubbly, friendly, caring and loving girl…She was instantly likable, beautiful and considerate. Although our pain at this time is raw and over-whelming, our memories of Sian will be a comfort to us in the dark days ahead.”

The remains of a second woman, also allegedly murdered by Halliwell were found just 27 miles away.

The British Policing Improvement Agency's Missing Persons Bureau is attempting to identify this woman by comparing her dental records to that of the 700 women missing in Britain. Joe Apps, head of the bureau, said that this could take weeks. He said "It's difficult unless you have something to compare the dental records to…If you don't know who you're looking for, you are starting with a blank page."

Police officers have left a simple wooden cross at the site where the unidentified woman's remains were found.