Rozanna Purcell, top Irish model turned celebrity chef, has come up with this wholesome and hearty recipe to give you a kick during your busy day, either post-gym or just when you're on the run.
Snickers Protein Bar
- 2 tbsp Whey protein powder
- 1.5 tbsp peanut butter smooth
- 1 tbsp honey or maple
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp maple
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Sprinkle of peanuts
- 20g dark chocolate
- Using a small breakfast bowl, spoon in all the base ingredients and blend into a dough.
- On a clean surface, Roll out the dough and old into a rectangle shape.
- In the same breakfast bowl combine all the topping ingredients and spoon over the base.
- Sprinkle over the roasted peanuts and gently press down.
- Melt the chocolate using a bain-marie technique or sneakily in the microwave:). Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bar. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
* Rozanna Purcell is one of Ireland’s most successful models and was the 2010 winner of Miss Universe Ireland. She now adds celebrity chef to her resume with her cooking blog, Natural Born Feeder.