Cauliflower is everywhere right now. It’s super trendy and being used as a rice, mash, pizza base, in stews, you name it! We bet you’re wondering why that is? Well, it’s super versatile and low in carbs of course!
This low calorie veg can be roasted fried, pickled, raw, mashed, grilled, rotisserie-cooked, covered in cheese, with bacon, vegan, blackened, chopped, or even whole, And then it can be served as sweet, spicy, caramelized and pairs with various meats! What else could you want!
Here Purcell brings us another delicious recipe pair three of our favorite things…cauliflower, pancakes and bacon!
- 2 small or 1 large head of cauliflower - washed & cut into florets
- 6 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp. ground almonds
- 3 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tsp herbamare (herb and salt seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices smoked bacon cut into pieces and cooked
- Preheat oven 392°F / 200°C
- Steam or roast the cauliflower and drain of any excess water- this is an important step, don’t skip!
- In a food processor, add the cauliflower along with all the other ingredients and pulse into a smooth thick paste
- Spoon 2 tbsp. of mixture on to a lined baked tray and smooth out flat with 1 inch in height. Continue to make 6 patties
- Cook for 30-35 minutes until crispy around the edges and lightly golden. Serve with grilled diced bacon and fresh chopped
* Roz Purcell is one of Ireland’s most successful models and was the 2010 winner of Miss Universe Ireland. She now adds celebrity chef to her resume with her cooking blog, Natural Born Feeder.