A little bit dessert a little bit Irish whiskey shot! What do you think? New Christmas party favorite?
This cherry cheesecake whiskey shots recipe has the IrishCentral crew divided. A cherry cheesecake? Yes, please. A whiskey shot? Sure… But together we’re just not that sure. However, so far, the video has over 4 million views on Cooking Panda’s Facebook page so we figured it must be floating someone’s boat.
So here goes nothing! Tell us what you think in the comments section below.
Cherry Cheesecake Whiskey Shots
Cherry Cheesecake Whiskey Shots! Get the written recipe here: http://bit.ly/2uFF5tMPosted by My Recipe Panda on Saturday, 11 November 2017
Cherry cheesecake whiskey shots recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes.
- 1 cup cherry pie filling, store-bought or homemade
- 2 ounces Disaronno
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup whiskey (we leave this up to you but obviously go for Tullamore D.E.W, Jameson or something Irish!)
1/4 cup sugar
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
- Add Disaronno to the cherry pie filling. Stir and set aside.
- In a bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter. Mix to combine.
- In either a food processor or in a bowl with a whisk, combine cream cheese and lemon juice. Add heavy cream, Irish whiskey, and sugar. Mix until thick and fully combined.
- In small shot glasses, layer your cheesecakes. First, a layer of graham cracker crust, then the cheesecake filling and finally, the cherry pie filling. If desired, top with 1 maraschino cherry.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
H/T: Cooking Panda
* Originally published in 2017.