The intense birthing scene in the latest installment of the 'Twilight' saga is reportedly causing viewers across the country to have seizures.
The seizures, known as photosensitive epilepsy, are believed to be the result of the flashing red, black and white lights in the pivotal 'Breaking Dawn' scene, according to ABC News.
Brandon Gephart went to see the film last Friday when he began “convulsing, snorting, [and] trying to breathe.” He said he doesn’t remember anything, but awoke on the theater floor and was taken out by paramedics.
A man in Salt Lake City, Utah also reportedly suffered a seizure while watching the vampire flick.
“It’s like a light switch going off, because it hits your brain all at once,” said Dr. Michael G. Chez, medical director of pediatric neurology and epilepsy for Sutter Sacramento. He added that “the trouble with theaters, it’s dark, the lights flashing in there is more like a strobe light.”
New York’s Irish Rep Theatre prepares for Christmas
The Best Irish Gifts online this Christmas
Ireland’s top ten most popular tourist attractions for 2011 - PHOTOS