Our Irish contributor James O’Donnell has problems putting up a brave face when he’s asked about how lucky he is to be Irish.
Here is what he’d really like to say, he tells us:
1. I don’t like tea—I’m a coffee man.
2. I hate talking shite about the weather.
3. Spuds leave me cold especially French fries.
4. The rain isn’t soft. It’s a pain in the arse and it never stops.
5. I like Irish American tourists, they are sincere, good people.
6. Have a soft spot for the Brits and the royal family.
7. Irish dancing is endless, unsexy, and boring.
8. Redheads are rightly called carrot tops.
9. I hate "The Quiet Man," sexist and over the top.
10. Dublln is overrated, over priced and over there.