The Irish International Immigrant Center is deeply saddened to hear of another sudden death impacting the Irish community in Boston this week.
It can be very frightening to hear of further loss of life. Loss affects every one of us differently so please know that there are a number of resources available to provide immediate and long-term support. If you think you know someone who may be considering harming themselves, please use one of the services below.
No one needs to feel alone at this time, there is hope, so please share the following resources:
- The Samaritans Helpline (24 hours) 877-870-4673 (toll-free) or 617-247-0220 or 508-875-4500
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline number: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- IIIC’s Counselor, Danielle Owen: 617-542-7654 ext.14 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irish Pastoral Center (Fr. John McCarthy): 617-265-5300
- Our website IIIC Boston has useful articles and links.
Other resources include: