Corned beef and cabbage like you've never tasted!
Because she's Irish every year Amy is asked for her best corned beef and cabbage recipe. Here it is folks from allrecipes.com
- 3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 10 small red potatoes
- 5 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
- Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.
- Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let rest 15 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want. Slice meat across the grain.