It is 15 years since Jo Jo Dullard went missing and suspected serial killer Larry Murphy is the prime suspect in her case. Her sister, Mary Phelan, claims that Murphy is not connected to her sister's death.

Speaking to the Carlow Nationalist, Jo Jo's sister said “I don’t think he is in any way connected with Jo’s disappearance. When he went to jail, we were told he wasn’t a suspect in Jo’s case and now we are led to believe by reading the papers that he is – but I believe he had nothing to do with it.”

Larry Murphy was released from prison last week having served 10 years of a 15-year sentence for the kidnapping, repeated rape and attempted murder of a Carlow business woman. He was released early due to good behavior.

While in prison he was questioned with relation to the cases of six missing women including New Yorker, Annie McCarrick and JoJo Dullard. He refused to cooperate with the police, a group called Operation Trace, who were investigating the disappearances. Although he refused to answer questions about the cases he has also never attempted to clear his name.

Jo Jo was 21-years-old when she disappeared. She was making her way home from Dublin to Callan, County Kilkenny.  She made a phone call from a public phone on her way and was then spotted leaning into the back of a dark Toyota Carina. She was never seen again. Jo Jo Dullard went missing on Thursday night 9 November 1995.

Although Mary still believes that Murphy was not involved in Jo Jo's disappearance she thinks that Murphy's early release is a "disgrace". She said "I could not believe it when I heard he was being released,” she said. “He should never have seen the day light again.

“I mean to say, where is he now? We don’t know.

“I think it is wrong to put it out there that he is a serial killer because he hasn’t been convicted of one murder, and that is because there is no evidence to back that up.”

Murphy is now staying in secure accommodation provided by the Probation Services. He sought refuge with them after public reaction to his release and coverage in the media rattled him just one day after his release.

Yesterday afternoon he told the Irish police where he has been staying. The police have been monitoring him with a National Surveillance agency. It is expected that Murphy will move to Britain.