- News / Ireland on major alert as second person dies from swine flu / Click here
- News / Ireland bracing for 1m cases / Click here
How H1N1 spreads
Coughs and sneezes or by touching contaminated surfaces and then touching the nose or mouth.
Symptoms are similar to those of seasonal flu, and may include any or all of the following
- sore throat
- muscle or joint pains.
How to reduce your chances of being infected
- Cover your nose and mouth with tissues when sneezing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Use alcohol-based hands cleaners
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stay at home if you get sick to avoid infecting others.