News: The top secret meeting
A top-secret meeting of the world’s richest people to discuss the global financial crisis was held in New York on May 5 featuring Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, co founder of Microsoft; and David Rockefeller Jr., chairman of Rockefeller Financial Services.
In addition to Gates, Buffett and Rockefeller, the attendees included Oprah Winfrey, George Soros, Ted Turner, and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, among others.
No-one has been able to figure out just what the world's richest people were talking about last week but here's my wish list for them.
1. Buy Ireland
2. Or do a lease-back
3. Or even rent it
4. Put Michael Bloomberg in charge of the country
5. Put George Soros in charge of finance
6. Put Warren Buffet in charge of investments
7. Bill Gates in charge of industry
8. Put Oprah in charge of literature (all Irish writers would get on Oprah list)
9. Put Ted Turner in charge of RTE (and TV3 to boot)
10. And finally - because we are so rich - move the Gulf Stream to Donegal (have you ever tried swimming off Tory Island?!)